As a Backend Software Engineer, you’ll work as part of our Search team, combining creativity and technical skills to create irresistible and meaningful search experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and build cutting-edge search features for some of the world’s top e-commerce brands.
- Help develop our existing technology, reaching millions of people daily.
- Write understandable documentation about new functionalities and existing ones.
- Work on new features to help the company keep growing and be a technical reference for the team in all areas.
- Provide help and support to other team members and proactively suggest improvements.
- Mentor other team members about good practices and clarify questions about the services.
- Stay up to date with modern technologies.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 3+ years of experience designing and building back-end systems.
- Ideally, experience building asynchronous distributed systems and working with Docker and SOA architectures.
- Experience with Java 7+.
- Experience with any Lucene based system, such as Solr or Elasticsearch.
- Experience with unit testing and continuous integration.
- Ideally, experience in data modelling, analysis, design, testing, and implementation.
- Experience with team collaboration tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- An analytical mindset to identify issues and opportunities.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Team player attitude, open mindset and eagerness to learn.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and Agile working practises.
- The chance to work with cutting-edge technologies and expand your skill set.
- Attractive salary and very competitive benefit package (private medical insurance, online functional training, English lessons, flexible remuneration, etc.).
- Remote work contract with all essential equipment to carry it out and set up a home workspace (as well as an awesome welcome pack).
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Sashimi sessions, and Kick-off events.
- Personal Training Budget per year and personal growth opportunities.
- Unlimited days available to attend training courses and events.
- Unlimited certification possibilities, with certification costs covered by Empathy.
- Eligibility to participate in our Bonus Plan and grow with us with our Empathy Stock Option Plan.
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing.
- Unlimited free books to expand your knowledge and foster creativity and self development.
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture.
WHO WE ARE
Empathy.co is the leading innovator in commerce Search and Discovery. With over 150 Developers and Search Engineers, it has headquarters in London (UK) and Asturias (ES).
Committed to building human-centred commerce Search and Discovery platforms, Empathy.co gives big brands all they need to create trustworthy, understanding and joyful shopping experiences.
Empathy.co believes that great technology can inspire brands to respect the individual, serve the community and thrive through these relationships.
Trusted by industry global leaders like Carrefour, Kroger and Inditex, Empathy is privately held with no external investors, is cash-flow positive and has seen sales grow by 124% in 2020. With this, Empathy.co is free to innovate and relentlessly pursue customer success.