As a BackEnd Developer at Empathy.co, you’ll work as part of our Search team, combining creativity and technical skills to create irresistible and meaningful search experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and build cutting-edge search features for some of the world’s top e-commerce brands.
- Help develop our existing technology, reaching millions of people daily.
- Write understandable documentation about new functionalities and existing ones.
- Work on new features to help the company keep growing and be a technical reference for the team in all areas.
- Provide help and support to other team members and proactively suggest improvements.
- Mentor other team members about good practices and clarify questions about the services.
- Stay up to date with modern technologies.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Two or more years of experience designing and building back-end systems.
- Experience with Java 7+.
- Experience with any Lucene based system (such as solr or elasticsearch).
- Experience with unit testing and continuous integration.
- Team collaboration tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- An analytical mindset to identify issues and opportunities.
- Experience building reliable distributed systems.
- Experience with Docker and SOA architectures.
- Experience building asynchronous systems with technologies like Akka.
- Experience in data modelling, analysis, design, testing and implementation.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- An advanced degree in a specialisation is preferred.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and Agile working practices.
- Attractive salary and very competitive benefit package (private medical insurance, online functional training, English lessons,etc.).
- Remote work possibilities.
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Sashimi sessions, and Kick-off events.
- Personal Training Budget per year and personal growth opportunities.
- Unlimited certification possibilities, with certification costs covered by Empathy.
- Eligibility to participate in our Bonus Plan and grow with us with our Empathy Stock Option Plan.
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing.
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture.
WHO WE ARE
Empathy.co is the leading innovator in commerce Search and Discovery. With over 150 Developers and Search Engineers, it has headquarters in London (UK) and Asturias (ES).
Committed to building human-centred commerce Search and Discovery platforms, Empathy.co gives big brands all they need to create trustworthy, understanding and joyful shopping experiences.
Empathy.co believes that great technology can inspire brands to respect the individual, serve the community and thrive through these relationships.
Trusted by industry global leaders like Carrefour, Kroger and Inditex, Empathy is privately held with no external investors, is cash-flow positive and has seen sales grow by 124% in 2020. With this, Empathy.co is free to innovate and relentlessly pursue customer success.