WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with designers and other developers in the quest of evolving and continuously improving the product.
- Be responsible for the delivery (customisation and fine-tuning) of the product to our customer base.
- Investigate and propose new features and improvements.
- Adapt quickly to changes in objectives and environment.
- Mentor new team members and enforce best practices among the team, being a proactive team player and a key to the growth of the team and product.
- Stay up to date with modern technologies.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code.
- Ability to collaborate with visual and user experience designers to create and implement new features.
- Experience interfacing with RESTful services.
- Component-oriented development.
- Ability to write effective unit, integration and e2e tests.
- Proactivity, commitment and autonomy.
- Open mindset and eagerness to learn.
- Outstanding spoken and written English.
- Understanding of CSS preprocessors such as Sass or Less.
- Knowledge of frontend testing frameworks: Jasmine, Mocha, Selenium, Protractor…
- Experience with frontend tooling: Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Bower, npm, etc.
- Experience with data visualisation tools like D3.js or deck.gl.
- Knowledge of TypeScript and/or ES6.
- Strong taste for design and understanding of UX.
- Concerned about performance, scalability, reliability, mobile-first and cross-browser capabilities.
- Experience with Git and other team collaboration tools.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Clear understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and Agile working practices.
- Attractive salary and very competitive benefit package (private medical insurance, online functional training, English lessons,etc.).
- Remote work possibilities.
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Sashimi sessions, and Kick-off events.
- Personal Training Budget per year and personal growth opportunities.
- Unlimited certification possibilities, with certification costs covered by Empathy.
- Eligibility to participate in our Bonus Plan and grow with us with our Empathy Stock Option Plan.
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing.
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture.
WHO WE ARE
Empathy.co is the leading innovator in commerce Search and Discovery. With over 150 Developers and Search Engineers, it has headquarters in London (UK) and Asturias (ES).
Committed to building human-centred commerce Search and Discovery platforms, Empathy.co gives big brands all they need to create trustworthy, understanding and joyful shopping experiences.
Empathy.co believes that great technology can inspire brands to respect the individual, serve the community and thrive through these relationships.
Trusted by industry global leaders like Carrefour, Kroger and Inditex, Empathy is privately held with no external investors, is cash-flow positive and has seen sales grow by 124% in 2020. With this, Empathy.co is free to innovate and relentlessly pursue customer success.