Join us on our quest for clarity!
At Empathy we’re on a mission to ensure that our documentation library is top-notch by making it as clear, accessible, and enticing as possible.
As a Technical Writer for Empathy you will produce high quality API documentation, product overviews, and other technical content, in order to help define and clarify Empathy products.
In this effort to streamline our documentation process, you will work closely with developers, engineers and analysts to amplify some of the amazing work they do, while also collaborating with designers and marketers.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for someone with a technical background who will help us take our documentation library to the next level and create engaging technical content. Your excellent writing skills will allow you to simplify and clarify complex information, making it suitable for use across multiple channels and audiences. You will work independently, use your own initiative, be innovative, and also be a good team player.
The position is based out of Gijón / Coruña / Remote.
- Ability to read code in one or more programming languages
- Previous experience in technical writing, preferably within the IT industry
- Outstanding written communication skills in English
- Attention to detail and the capacity to create aesthetically pleasing content.
- Previous work within a start-up environment, SaaS or the eCommerce Industry
- Love of APIs and Search
- Ability to work at pace while juggling multiple tasks and priorities
- A creative thinker who’s passionate about Technology and doing things differently
- Ability and drive to learn new skills and tasks quickly
- Opportunity to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
- 2.5K training budget per year
- Reduced working hours on Fridays and during the summer months
- Private medical insurance
- Free English lessons
- High-end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
- Working with cutting-edge technologies
- Unlimited fruit, coffee and tea
- Online functional training classes
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture
empathy.co was founded in 2012 to help brands provide irresistible search, pairing software with interfaces to combine function and beauty in one. Today, it remains free from the investors trap while maintaining a 30% year-on-year growth and a cashflow positive balance since its inception. This means we can focus solely on Product with 0% resource allocation to sales and 100% to Product.
Top companies like Carrefour (EU), Kroger (US), Inditex (Worldwide) and Vodafone (EU) trust empathy.co to revolutionise Information Retrieval from mere results to meaningful relations. Liberating search from data by giving design and aesthetics the role they deserve, transforming interactions into an art-form that people want to be a part of.
empathy.co is currently going through an expansion process with our team (190 and growing) distributed between Head Offices in London and Gijón, Account and Marketing teams in New York, Barcelona and Valencia, and a growing Engineering team in A Coruña and Gijón.