As a Product Designer for our growing Experiences Team, you’ll play a key part in ensuring joyful experiences across products that are consistent with Empathy’s values, while nurturing a culture of product design and fostering new, creative ways of working to constantly challenge preconceptions and re-imagine experiences that positively surprise people.
You’ll take new ideas from concept to implementation and work across every stage of product development, from crafting the experience of new features, to prototyping and finding creative solutions, to finishing product details.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Plan and create a product design system and adapt as marketing, product, and customers’ needs evolve.
- Work closely with Product Owners, Developers, and Designers to oversee the user experience of a product, from conception to launch.
- Research and perform user tests, designing and testing the first ideas for new features for a customer facing product.
- Deliver user-centered designs for the development teams to implement, keeping in line with all other company designs.
- Identify customers’ needs and provide adequate solutions.
- Create and maintain a scalable design system.
- Incorporate feedback to evolve proposed designs and take them to the next level.
- Conceptualize and illustrate processes and user flows.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
- Be an active team-player and adopt our agile, horizontal and positive team culture.
- Keep track of advancements in UX/UI design technologies and applications, as well as industry trends.
- Adapt quickly to changes in objectives and environment.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Experience with wire-framing and prototyping tools Sketch & Principle.
- Proactivity, commitment and autonomy.
- Previous experience in the design of digital products or web design.
- Team player attitude, open mindset and eagerness to learn.
- Experience providing solutions from the very early stages (discovery, research, and user definition) to final results and high standard deliverables.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Previous experience with research or user testing.
- Clear understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Experience in a product company, working in a product team.
- Ideally, experience creating animated / interactive mockups.
- As a plus, experience with any of the following tools: InVision, Zeplin, Mural/Miro, Adobe CC, PowerPoint/Keynote/Google Slides.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and Agile working practices.
- Attractive salary and very competitive benefit package (private medical insurance, online functional training, etc.).
- Remote work possibilities.
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Sashimi sessions, and Kick-off events.
- Personal Training Budget per year and personal growth opportunities.
- Unlimited certification possibilities, with certification costs covered by Empathy.
- Eligibility to participate in our Bonus Plan and grow with us with our Empathy Stock Option Plan.
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing.
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture.
WHO WE ARE
Empathy.co is the leading innovator in commerce Search and Discovery. With over 150 Developers and Search Engineers, it has headquarters in London (UK) and Asturias (ES).
Committed to building human-centred commerce Search and Discovery platforms, Empathy.co gives big brands all they need to create trustworthy, understanding and joyful shopping experiences.
Empathy.co believes that great technology can inspire brands to respect the individual, serve the community and thrive through these relationships.
Trusted by industry global leaders like Carrefour, Kroger and Inditex, Empathy is privately held with no external investors, is cash-flow positive and has seen sales grow by 124% in 2020. With this, Empathy.co is free to innovate and relentlessly pursue customer success.