As an IT Specialist for Empathy.co, you will be responsible for designing hardware configurations, installing software, managing network systems, and training staff on correct operating procedures. You’ll be up for any challenge, love problem solving and, most importantly, share our DevOps mindset. At Empathy.co, we’re strong believers in bringing together developers and operations, and we need an IT Specialist who’s eager to embrace that path.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and install computer hardware configurations.
- Install software and network systems.
- Take care of Empathy’s cybersecurity posture.
- Define, install, and update software security systems.
- Troubleshoot network, hardware, and software issues.
- Train staff on newly installed hardware and software systems.
- Respond to general IT requests.
- Maintain user onboarding/offboarding processes.
- Document work, such as system configurations, updates, and new procedures or policies created.
- Identity and Access Management (users, groups, policies).
- Administer 3rd party tools like G-Suite, Jira, Confluence, and Personio.
- Laptop and device registering and inventorying.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of computer systems.
- Familiarity with Mac MDM, Enterprise, & basic programming skills.
- Knowledge of LAN and wireless networks.
- Familiarity with Agile work methodologies (Scrum/Kanban).
- Knowledge and experience on GSuite, Github, Jira, Confluence.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware issues.
- Software lifecycle knowledge.
- Good communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Proactivity, commitment and autonomy.
- Team player attitude, open mindset and eagerness to learn.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and Agile working practices.
- Attractive salary and very competitive benefit package (private medical insurance, online functional training, etc.).
- Remote work possibilities.
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Sashimi sessions, and Kick-off events.
- Unlimited free books to expand your knowledge and foster creativity and self development.
- Personal Training Budget per year and personal growth opportunities.
- Unlimited certification possibilities, with certification costs covered by Empathy.
- Eligibility to participate in our Bonus Plan and grow with us with our Empathy Stock Option Plan.
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing.
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture.
WHO WE ARE
Empathy.co is the leading innovator in commerce Search and Discovery. With over 150 Developers and Search Engineers, it has headquarters in London (UK) and Asturias (ES).
Committed to building human-centred commerce Search and Discovery platforms, Empathy.co gives big brands all they need to create trustworthy, understanding and joyful shopping experiences.
Empathy.co believes that great technology can inspire brands to respect the individual, serve the community and thrive through these relationships.
Trusted by industry global leaders like Carrefour, Kroger and Inditex, Empathy is privately held with no external investors, is cash-flow positive and has seen sales grow by 124% in 2020. With this, Empathy.co is free to innovate and relentlessly pursue customer success.