At empathy.co, we strive to deliver the best search experiences to our customers. We combine innovative technology, behaviour-based algorithms and data intelligence with understanding and empathy to enrich customer interactions, making people feel good and understood.
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll work with the rest of our engineering teams to maintain the Search Platform used by some of the world’s top eCommerce brands, making sure everything runs smoothly.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A committed, enthusiastic and forward-thinking individual with the capacity to empathise with our customers.
As one of the market leaders in Search and Discovery, Empathy.co is also one of the top tech companies in Asturias and Galicia, and we’ve reached this position because we like to do things differently and love to challenge the norm.
If you’re looking for a company full of smart, outstanding and enthusiastic people who not only design awesome technology but have fun in the process then this could be the place for you.
Position based out of Gijón / A Coruña / Remote.
- Work with the rest of our engineering teams to maintain the Search Platform used by some of the world’s top eCommerce brands
- Participate closely with teams to bridge the gap between operations and development
- Design and maintain Empathy’s cloud-based systems and container-first applications
- Continuous Development: Empathy customers expect low turnaround times, which requires a solid CI/CD infrastructure in place
- Real-time monitoring of our systems in order to deliver a reliable service to Empathy’s customers
- Help improve deployment and monitoring process for the services
- Detect bottlenecks and help to improve the stack
- Follow security best practices and comply with the latest industry standards and regulations
- Develop and maintain internal tools to support the rest of the teams in the company.
- Participate in the definition of common goals to have a better product and a reduced time to market.
- Three or more years of Linux server administration and networking experience
- Two or more years of Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud experience
- Experience with multiple programming languages: Java 8+, Python 3 and/or Go
- Experience with continuous integration, delivery and unit testing
- Understand service monitoring, observability and instrumentation
- Knowledge about Docker and container orchestration (ECS, Kubernetes, …)
- Team collaboration tools such as Git, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- An analytical mindset to identify issues and opportunities
- Experience building reliable distributed systems
- Experience with ELK Stack, Prometheus, Solr, MongoDB, …
- Experience with any Lucene based system (such as Solr or Elasticsearch)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tooling (like Terraform)
- Understand data modelling, analysis, design, testing and implementation
- Knowledge about security standards and practices
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- An advanced degree in a specialization is preferred
- Opportunity to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
- 2.5K training budget per year
- Reduced working hours on Fridays and during the summer months
- Private medical insurance
- Free English lessons
- High-end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
- Working with cutting-edge technologies
- Unlimited fruit, coffee and tea
- Online functional training classes
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture
empathy.co was founded in 2012 to help brands provide irresistible search, pairing software with interfaces to combine function and beauty in one. Today, it remains free from the investors trap while maintaining a 30% year-on-year growth and a cashflow positive balance since its inception. This means we can focus solely on Product with 0% resource allocation to sales and 100% to Product.
Top companies like Carrefour (EU), Kroger (US), Inditex (Worldwide) and Vodafone (EU) trust empathy.co to revolutionise Information Retrieval from mere results to meaningful relations. Liberating search from data by giving design and aesthetics the role they deserve, transforming interactions into an art-form that people want to be a part of.
empathy.co is currently going through an expansion process with our team (190 and growing) distributed between Head Offices in London and Gijón, Account and Marketing teams in New York, Barcelona and Valencia, and a growing Engineering team in A Coruña and Gijón.