As an Account Executive for our growing and dynamic business development team, you’ll drive our business success by supporting revenue growth in Northern Europe, focusing exclusively on new business opportunities. As part of a team that combines passion for their work with lots of fun, you’ll be responsible for representing Empathy’s irresistible product out there and play a key part in helping us reach our growth goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create and manage a territory plan to support lead generation, develop new sales opportunities, and achieve targets.
- Grow and manage pipeline activity on a regular basis, through new business development, and execute outbound sales activities.
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to ensure successful implementations, customer satisfaction, and ongoing partnerships with direct clients.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and client relationships by creating personalized and joyful solutions that establish Empathy as a trustworthy partner.
- Lead and leverage internal resources at multiple levels, internally and externally, to build the best solution for each customer.
- Identify and understand the customer’s decision process and internal commercial and purchasing policies to determine the most suitable approach.
- Champion new ideas to address business needs within opportunity.
- Be a proactive team player and a key to the team’s and Empathy’s growth.
- Adapt quickly to changes in objectives and environment.
- Stay up to date with the latest sales trends and best practices.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- “Make it Happen” mentality and the ability to take initiative in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding communication and sales skills to provide prospects value-adding solutions and drive sales opportunities.
- Results-oriented & team player attitude, willing to go the extra mile to help the team achieve and surpass objectives.
- Proven tech. industry sales experience and, ideally, previous experience within the e-commerce space.
- Fluent in English. French or German is a definite plus.
- Management experience coupled with hands-on new business sales and the willingness to grow with the company.
- Proven track record of managing territory and closing large contracts, preferably within retail.
- Knowledge in Search and Discovery and their impact on sales and marketing within the retail industry is a plus.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and Agile working practices.
- Attractive salary and very competitive benefit package (private medical insurance, online functional training, etc.).
- Remote work possibilities.
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Sashimi sessions, and Kick-off events.
- Personal Training Budget per year and personal growth opportunities.
- Unlimited certification possibilities, with certification costs covered by Empathy.
- Eligibility to participate in our Bonus Plan and grow with us with our Empathy Stock Option Plan.
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing.
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture.
WHO WE ARE
Empathy.co is the leading innovator in commerce Search and Discovery. With over 150 Developers and Search Engineers, it has headquarters in London (UK) and Asturias (ES).
Committed to building human-centred commerce Search and Discovery platforms, Empathy.co gives big brands all they need to create trustworthy, understanding and joyful shopping experiences.
Empathy.co believes that great technology can inspire brands to respect the individual, serve the community and thrive through these relationships.
Trusted by industry global leaders like Carrefour, Kroger and Inditex, Empathy is privately held with no external investors, is cash-flow positive and has seen sales grow by 124% in 2020. With this, Empathy.co is free to innovate and relentlessly pursue customer success.